The Conference Producer’s responsibility is to deliver all aspects of the conference, as the lead owner of content, the product, and relationships within the industry, including all aspects of the programme lifecycle. The role is a blend of research, creativity, and stakeholder management.
● Carry out in-depth research with industry experts and interpret the results into commercially compelling conference programmes and ongoing digital content opportunities.
● Conduct telephone and in-person research and produce detailed benefit driven need-to-know agendas reflecting today’s burning issues, while also delivering a program with strong buy-side/sell-side.
● Develop new and manage existing relationships with relevant market stakeholders, including advisory committees, industry leaders, partner organisations, and government officials.
● Identify, recruit, and manage highly esteemed leading experts, industry representatives, regulators, government representatives as speakers to deliver an innovative product schedule of events that meet and exceed profitability targets.
● Oversee technical conference call for papers campaigns, manage the submissions, review, and evaluation processes.
● Write promotional copy in the form of weekly newsletters, website copy, brochure copy, press releases and advertising copy, to drive awareness of the events and stimulate bookings.
● Work with the sponsorship sales team to identify and warm up leads, and curate sponsored editorial content.
● Research and provide strategic information required to market and sell conferences to the marketing and sales team to drive revenue growth.
● Take part in regular internal project meetings to ensure effective communications within the team and project timelines are properly managed.
● Diploma / Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration, English, Public Relations, International Relations, Information Technology, Law, Psychology, or any other related field.
● At least 3 years demonstrable conference production and topic generation experience; preferably within the energy & utilities sector.
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with English as the first language.
● Commercially minded with a strong interest in understanding Energy & Utilities topic and ability to spot opportunities within sector dynamics.
● Confident researching with and recruiting ‘C-Level’ executives / senior industry leaders as speakers.
● High energy, excellent organizational skills and with a self-motivated can-do work ethic, thrives in a high-pressure, deadline driven, target focused environment.
● Strong intellect, with the ability to switch between analytical and creative thinking, turning information into an engaging conference agenda.
Events, Conferences, Content, Sponsorship, Attendees, Trade Chambers, Energy Associations, Energy Body, Conference Production
Scalent aims to offer hassle-free talent solutions to growing organisations in an efficient and time-bound manner. We are committed to exceed expectations and enable clients for long-term success.